Cheese and Bacon Cob Loaf Dip is a delicious and savory appetizer that features a warm and creamy mixture of melted cheeses, crispy bacon, and fragrant herbs. The dip is served in a hollowed-out cob loaf, creating a unique and visually appealing.
- 1 large cob loaf (or round bread)
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the top off the cob loaf and carefully hollow out the inside, leaving about 1 inch of bread on the sides and bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, green onions, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon the cheese and bacon mixture into the hollowed-out cob loaf, pressing down gently to fill any gaps.
- Replace the top of the loaf and wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the foil and the top of the loaf and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the cheese and bacon cob loaf dip hot with sliced bread or crackers.
- Servings: 10-12
- Calories: 268
- Total Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- Total Time: 50-55 minutes
This Cheese and Bacon Cob Loaf Dip is a perfect appetizer that is sure to impress your guests. The combination of melted cheese, crispy bacon, and fragrant herbs make this dip a crowd-pleaser. The best part is that it is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before serving. The nutritional information shows that it is a high-protein and low-carb appetizer.