Mushroom Bourguignon a rich and flavorful stew made with hearty mushrooms, red wine, and aromatic vegetables. You can serve Mushroom Bourguignon over a bed of mashed potatoes or egg noodles, or alongside crusty bread for dipping. It's a warm and satisfying meal that's perfect for chilly evenings or cozy nights in.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45
- minutes Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds of mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and portobello), sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups of red wine (such as Pinot Noir)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots, and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir well. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, tomato paste, red wine, and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 1/4 cup of water until smooth. Add the mixture to the pot and stir well. Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard them.
- Serve the Mushroom Bourguignon hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Mushroom Bourguignon is a flavorful and hearty vegetarian dish that is perfect for colder months. This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious, rich stew that is sure to impress. The combination of red wine, vegetables, and mushrooms creates a deep and savory flavor that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. This dish is also highly customizable, allowing you to use your favorite types of mushrooms or adjust the seasoning to your liking. Overall, this recipe for Mushroom Bourguignon is a great addition to any home cook's repertoire.