Jamaican Rum Punch is typically made with a combination of dark rum, lime juice, sugar, water, and a variety of spices, such as nutmeg and cinnamon. The drink is often garnished with slices of fresh fruit, such as oranges or pineapples.
The exact recipe for Jamaican Rum Punch can vary depending on who you ask, but the general rule of thumb is to mix one part sour (lime juice), two parts sweet (sugar), three parts strong (rum), and four parts weak (water). The drink is traditionally served over ice, and can be enjoyed at any time of day.
- 1 cup of dark rum
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Orange and pineapple slices, for garnish
- Ice, as needed
- In a large bowl, combine the dark rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the water to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Chill the Jamaican Rum Punch in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve the Jamaican Rum Punch over ice and garnish with slices of orange and pineapple, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 232
- Total fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Total carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 27g
- Protein: 0g
Jamaican Rum Punch is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a hot day or for enjoying at a tropical-themed party. This recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that are readily available at most grocery stores. The combination of dark rum, lime juice, sugar, water, and spices creates a perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors, while the garnish of orange and pineapple slices adds a touch of freshness to the drink. Jamaican Rum Punch is a must-try for anyone who enjoys tropical cocktails and is sure to be a hit at any gathering.