Egg salad made with chopped hard-boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise and a variety of seasonings, this dish is easy to prepare and can be customized to suit individual tastes.
One of the great things about egg salad is its nutritional value. Eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fats, while the addition of fresh vegetables provides additional vitamins and minerals. It's a satisfying and healthy meal that will keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes (including 30 minutes for refrigeration)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 300g medium tomatoes, roughly chopped 200g cucumber, 2cm cubed 1 large avocado, 2cm cubed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chopped celery, red onion, and fresh parsley to the egg mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the egg salad on its own, as a sandwich filling, or as a topping for crackers or toast.
- 240 calories
- 20g fat
- 1g carbohydrates
- 12g protein
- 0g fiber
- 2g sugar
This egg salad recipe is a classic dish that is easy to make and always delicious. The combination of hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and seasonings creates a creamy and satisfying texture, while the addition of chopped celery, red onion, and fresh parsley provides a flavorful crunch. This recipe is also very versatile, as it can be served in a variety of ways, making it a great option for any meal of the day.