The main ingredient of Guacamole is ripe avocados, which are mashed and mixed with various seasonings to create a creamy and tangy dip. Other common ingredients include chopped onions, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
Guacamole can be served as a dip with tortilla chips, vegetables, or crackers. It can also be used as a condiment for tacos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes. Some variations of Guacamole include adding ingredients such as jalapenos, sour cream, or even fruit like mango or pineapple.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until they reach your desired consistency.
- Stir in the red onion, tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and cilantro until well combined.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste, stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 200mg
Guacamole is a healthy and delicious dip that is perfect for parties, game nights, or just as a snack. It is packed with healthy fats, fiber, and nutrients such as vitamins C and K. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and the combination of fresh ingredients creates a burst of flavor in every bite. You can adjust the spiciness level by adding more or less jalapeno pepper, making it suitable for all taste buds.