Eggplant Potato Tomato Stew is a filling and satisfying dish that can be served on its own or with a side of crusty bread. It's a great option for vegetarians and vegans, as well as anyone looking for a hearty and nutritious meal.
In terms of nutrition, this stew is a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The eggplant and potatoes provide complex carbohydrates, while the tomatoes offer a healthy dose of antioxidants. Additionally, the stew is low in fat and calories, making it a great option for anyone looking to maintain a healthy diet.
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced eggplant and potatoes and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring the stew to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the stew for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the stew has thickened.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 185
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 6g
This Eggplant Potato Tomato Stew is a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The eggplant is particularly high in fiber, potassium, and antioxidants, while the potatoes provide a good source of vitamin C and B6. The tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and lycopene.
This dish is a healthy and satisfying vegetarian option that's perfect for a cozy dinner at home. The combination of flavors and textures in the stew makes for a truly delicious meal that's sure to please.